Seafood Expo North America
Join our Special Session on Corporate Social Responsibility at the 2017 Seafood Expo North America.
March 19, 2017
March 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Join our Special Session "Corporate Social Responsibility in the Protein Sector: A Market Assessment" at 11.30 am on March 21, 2016 at the Seafood Expo North America.
The Expo attracts more than 1,200 exhibiting companies from over 40 countries, offers a wide variety of seafood products, services and equipment.
Seafood competes with beef, poultry, and pork for center-of-the plate attention and a share of the consumer’s food budget. Each protein category has a different story to tell to promote its consumption, from label claims to seasonal promotions, flavors and health. But what about sustainability, and in particular, how does each category approach corporate social responsibility as required by law or to protect a brand value?
The Seafood industry has come under media scrutiny over health and safety as well as migrant labor issues. Are they alone in their need to communicate the good stories?
This session will examine the laws, compliance and communication strategies to reduce supply chain risk and build consumer confidence.
- How are the leading protein corporations complying with legal and reporting requirements?
- What actions do companies perform in order to protect their brands?
- What strategies do companies use to collaborate with their supply chain to help implement CSR awareness and implementation?
- How do companies communicate to the general public to build their confidence against the sometimes negative publicity?
- What are the top 3 next steps for the protein industry to create transparency and enhance its sustainability reputation?
SGS will also be exhibiting to present its extensive range of services specific to the seafood sector.
With unrivaled expertise in seafood testing, inspection and certification and a global network of testing laboratories and inspection centers, SGS can help companies worldwide ensure that seafood suppliers meet essential quality, safety and sustainability requirements.
Talk to an SGS expert, visit us at booth # 681.
For further information, please contact:
Global Food Marketing Manager
t: +1 973 461 1498