Construction Construction Products Regulation – CE Marking
Achieve compliance to the EU Construction Products Regulation (305/2011) with CE Mark services from SGS.
- +41 22 739 91 11
As of July 1, 2013, any construction product to be sold or marketed within the EEA must bear the CE Mark, a mandatory conformity mark required by European law. A CE mark indicates that a product complies with EU Construction Products Regulation (CPR), also known as the Construction Products Directive. It does not necessarily mean that a product will be suitable for all end uses, but it does indicate that the product is consistent with its Declaration of Performance (DoP), as made by the manufacturer.
What does the new EU CPR mean for importers, distributors and manufacturers?
Importers and/or distributors must ensure that construction products, where required, bear the CE mark and are accompanied by the correct documentation, instructions and safety information. Distributors must also ensure that the manufacturer and the importer have complied with their requirements under the Construction Products Directive. Achieving compliance can be a complex process.
Ensure CPR and documentation compliance
We are a notified body for the CPR and our CE-marking consulting, testing and conformity assessment services provide you with the expertise you need to achieve compliance. We prepare clients to qualify for the CE mark for construction products under the new CPR.
Our Notifications cover a wide range of harmonized European Norms and we can help you with:
- Determining which harmonized European Norms are applicable to your construction product
- Providing Product Certification
- Factory Production Control Certification
- Initial Type Testing of your products
Why choose SGS?
As the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company we can offer you unrivaled experience in the construction industry. Our Notified Bodies possess the necessary competence and responsibility to assist during the whole process of obtaining the CE marking or just part of it by providing Product Certification, Factory Production Control Certification and Laboratory Testing in accordance with the requirements of the CPR.
To discuss how we can help you improve quality and efficiency, contact us today.
Traffic management systems CE marking from SGS - ensures your traffic management systems and traffic signs achieve the Certificate of Conformity Europe.
To ensure compliance with the Certificate of Conformity Europe (CE Marking), your traffic management systems and traffic signs need to be tested before use and the production process has to be audited/inspected by an independent third party. Our traffic management system services ensure that your traffic management systems and traffic signs meet the stringent standards required to achieve CE marking.
We can help you:
- Attain the Certificate of Conformity Europe for your vertical message signs and other traffic signs (including variable traffic sign products)
- Maximize product development, improvement and quality through expert consultancy
- Conduct Initial Type Testing of new products
Our traffic management system services include:
- Full CE certification for traffic management systems and traffic signs
- Labeling and product information
- Testing of your traffic management systems and traffic signs (including variable traffic sign products) for visual, mechanical and electrical performance
Contact us today to find out how our traffic management system services can help you achieve the Certificate of Conformity Europe for traffic management systems and traffic signs.