Molecular Weight Analysis
Molecular weight analysis from SGS – a powerful technique to help you assess molecular size
For all compound classes, from small organic molecules to intact glycoproteins, the intact molecular weight is a key characteristic in its identity. Our molecular weight analysis techniques include Mass Spectrometry (MS), offering accuracy of measurement over a wide molecular weight range, with minimal, often sub-picomole, sample consumption. Furthermore, any difference between theoretical and measured mass may be indicative of potential modifications.
Why choose molecular weight analysis from SGS?
We can help you to:
- Obtain molecular weight measurement of a wide range of molecules – from small to intact proteins and glycoproteins
- Gain accurate mass measurement, often to four or five decimal places, aiding the clarification of the elemental composition of a compound
- Meet International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use ICH Q6B requirements for characterization and confirmation of biopharmaceuticals for new marketing applications
Trusted molecular weight analysis from the leading provider
As the world‘s leading provider of molecular weight analysis, we offer the experience, technical and regulatory expertise, and unique global network you need.
Our wide range of mass spectrometry instruments enables us to select the most appropriate ionization technique for your compound, including:
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-MS)
- Fast Atom Bombardment Mass Spectrometry (FAB-MS)
- Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (ES-MS)
- Liquid Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry Detection (LC-MS) for complex mixtures.
Plus, size exclusion chromatography and Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) are also available as alternative techniques to estimate molecular size.
Contact us today to find out more about our molecular weight analysis.Email us