Mongolia - SGS Mandate
SGS operates Mongolia’s Conformity Assessment Program on behalf of the Mongolian Agency for Standardization and Metrology (MASM).
Mongolia imports over 80% of its consumer goods and 60% of its foodstuffs. To protect consumers and ensure goods meet the standards stipulated by MASM imports covered by the conformity assessment program must demonstrate compliance through testing and verification. On successful completion of an assessment we will issue a joint Certificate of Conformity issued by SGS on behalf of MASM.
Presentation of a valid Certificate of Conformity is a mandatory requirement for relevant goods before they can achieve customs clearance in the country.
This Conformity Assessment Program facilitates international trade by ensuring that:
- Goods imported into the country conform to the Mongolian Standards or other standards approved by MASM
- Trade fraud and malpractices are minimized, especially counterfeit goods
- The health and safety of the community are protected
- Information is adequate to enable accurate customs classification
- Goods are eligible to be imported into Mongolia
Our extensive experience in managing conformity assessment programs around the world enables SGS to offer efficient, comprehensive and tailored solutions to provide assistance to exporters and make sure their shipments are in conformity with Mongolian or approved international standards.
With more than 1000 laboratories and offices and a presence in more than 100 countries, we can provide Conformity Assessment Program services in any part of the globe.Email us
All 2 resources