Kenya – PVoC Program
The Kenyan Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has introduced the Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) to Standards Program to ensure the quality of products, which must also meet health, safety and environmental standards for Kenyans. Products must meet its requirements before they can be exported to Kenya – non-compliant goods will be denied entry.
After a tendering process and rigorous evaluation KEBS has appointed SGS to operate the PVoC program on its behalf, in all countries and regions, for three years from 18 January 2012.
SGS is the only company authorized to provide the services globally, in every country around the world, which confirms once again the leading role of SGS in PVoC Kenya.
- Goods imported into Kenya require a Certificate of Conformity (CoC)
- CoC is a mandatory clearance document for each consignment.
- Goods exempted from the program are still subject to KEBS destination inspection.
- Exporter is liable for any legal or economic consequences arising for goods shipped without the cover of a COC.
- Responsibility of compliance lies with the supplier/exporter.
Kenya’s PVoC ensures goods meet mandatory safety, quality and security requirements, enables international trade, avoids delays in customs and reduces potential losses from the import of non compliant products. The key elements of a PVoC are:
- Physical inspection prior to shipment
- Sampling, testing and analysis in accredited laboratories
- Audit of product processes
- Documentary check of conformity to regulations
- Assessment of conformity to Kenyan Standards
With decades of experience managing conformity assessment programs around the world SGS offers exporters efficient and comprehensive solutions to ensure shipments conform to Kenya’s requirements.
SGS has vast experience in delivering conformity assessment services, including that in Africa and Middle East. We have unparalleled network, local contract management, and dedicated team of professionals. Together with superior software platform, it ensures consistency, speed, efficiency and professionalism.
- Key Account Management in one of the countries or/and in our Contract Management Office in Nairobi;
- One stop shop for all certifications worldwide;
- Immediate access to information about your order;
- Support in linking all the parties participating in the process;
- Facilitation of execution of your orders;
- Custom tailored solutions for your situations;
LEAFLETLeafletProcess for Kenya ...
All 3 resources