Disulfide Bridge Analysis
Disulfide bridge analysis from SGS – a powerful technique to help you identify and quantify disulfide bridges.
The number and position of disulfide bridges (also called disulfide bonds) plays a crucial role in obtaining a correctly folded protein product essential for function. Our disulfide bridge assessment helps you identify the number and position of disulfide bridges present.
Why choose disulfide bridge assignment from SGS?
Our analytical services help you to:
- Identify the number and position of disulfide bridges present
- Detect potential mismatched or scrambled disulfide bridge forms using powerful spectrometric techniques
- Meet International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use ICH Q6B requirements for characterization and confirmation of biopharmaceuticals for new marketing applications
Trusted disulfide bridge analysis from the leading provider
As the world’s leading provider of disulfide bridge analysis, we offer you the experience, technical and regulatory expertise, and unique global network you need.
We achieve disulfide bridge and free sulfhydryl group assignment using peptide mapping-based strategies. Analysis generally involves digestion using a suitable enzyme and/or chemical and examination of the resulting mixture using Liquid Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry Detection (LC-MS) to isolate and identify potential disulfide bridged peptides.
The potential bridges can then be confirmed by reduction and re-analysis using:
- Molecular ion data from Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-MS)
- Fragment ion information from Electrospray Mass Spectrometry (ES-MS)
- Electrospray Ionization with Tandem Mass spectrometry (ES-MS/MS)
Using such powerful mass spectrometric techniques enables even low levels of potential mismatched or scrambled disulfide bridge forms to be detected.
Contact us today to find out more about our disulfide bridge analysis.Email us