Crane Inspections and Inspections of Hoisting and Lifting Equipment
Crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection from SGS – ensure the safety and reliability of your equipment and compliance with statutory requirements.
Whether you own or operate cranes, lifting or hoisting equipment, you need to ensure that they are safe, and in compliance with statutory requirements. That is where our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection can help.
Why use crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection from SGS?
We are the world’s leading company for inspection, testing, verification and certification of all types of crane, hoisting and lifting equipment. That means that we can offer you the unrivaled expertise, experience and equipment to conduct professional statutory and voluntary crane inspection for:
- Material-handling devices: including cranes, derricks, fork-lifts, truck-mounted cranes, shackles, hooks, elevating platforms, and telehandlers
- Personnel handling devices: such as elevators, escalators, ski lifts, cable cars and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs)
Our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection can help you:
- Meet all associated regulatory requirements, with independent inspection carried out in accordance with all applicable regulations, standards and engineering practices
- Assure the safe and proper working capability and condition of your crane or lifting and hoisting equipment
- Maintain the capability and availability of your equipment
- Maximize uptime and planned outages to minimize operational impact
Trusted crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection from a leading supplier
As a leading supplier, we are accredited to perform conformity assessments, as well as statutory and voluntary inspections on cranes, hoisting and lifting equipment across the world. Plus, we can also provide training for operators of cranes and elevating platforms in accordance with local and international standards.
Our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection services include:
- Checking of brakes, clutches, sheaves, and wire rope assemblies
- Design studies and calculation reviews
- Dynamic and static load testing
- Inspection of all the structural load bearing members, including sheaves
- Checking crane girders, rails and columns of overhead cranes to assure structural integrity
- Line level and span crane gantry surveys
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) of load hooks for cracks and visual inspections for distortions
- Operational tests to assure that your unit is functioning properly
- Periodic inspections and inspection prior to use of mechanical, structural, electrical, and safety systems, as well as of wire ropes and chains
- Re-examination of all safety devices
- Regulatory compliance assessments
- Remnant life assessment
- Repairs supervision
Contact us today and discover how our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection can ensure safety, reliability, and compliance with statutory requirements.Email us
Earthquake Testing Services (2336 KB)
Earthquake Testing Services
SGS offers all types of earthquake tests for nuclear power plants and manufacturers of electrical communication and railway systems at its laboratory in Korea.
Construction Services (334 KB)
Services for the Construction Industry
SGS provides a wide range of construction services for every phase of a construction project.
Damage Assessment (1475 KB)
Damage Assessment Services
SGS provides a wide range of damage assessment services of buildings and structures.
Building Materials Services (1623 KB)
Building Materials Services
SGS provides a wide range of building materials services, including testing, certification and consultancy.
NDT for Eurovision (632 KB)
Non-destructive Testing Services
SGS was awarded two non-destructive testing (NDT) contracts for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 by Obermayer and the State Committee on Properties Management in Azerbaijan.
Project Management (919 KB)
Project Management in Senegal
SGS was awarded a contract to provide project management services for one of the biggest road building projects in the recent history of Senegal by AGEROUTE.
QA/QC in India (1041 KB)
QA/QC in India
SGS provided quality assurance and quality control for an extensive water management project in India called Jalayagnam.
Construction Project Monitoring (520 KB)
Construction Project Monitoring
SGS was awarded a contract to provide comprehensive project monitoring services for roads construction project in Mumbai by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
PCN & SNT Training 2014 (65 KB)
PCN & SNT Training Course Schedule for 2014
SGS Training and Examination Center presents PCN & SNT training course schedule for 2014.
All 18 resources