Data Collection and Reporting
SGS provides a fast, independent data collection and business intelligence reporting service that can underpin your decision-making on investments, new products and services and much more.
We can support you throughout the process of market or technical research – from establishing the methodology and performing the data collection analysis, through to the data analysis reporting. Our expertise in agronomy and both statistical and geospatial analysis means we can understand and interpret complex data and provide meaningful insights into your market(s).
We have expertise in a number of methodologies and will adopt the most appropriate to your needs. For example, we can use our global network of agriculture professionals to interview your target audience(s) face-to-face and also conduct telephone interviews. In addition, we are able to gather historical information and statistics, as well as sample and test materials including grains, insects, plant tissue and soil.
Efficient data collection
- Soil types, distribution and fertility
- Nutrient availability
- Insect, weed and fungal distribution
- Crop condition
- Yield estimates
- Equipment performance (in-field)
- Silage and fodder analysis
- Herbicide resistance patterns and associated species
- Noxious/invasive species distribution
- Water quality (including run-off, leaching and residues)
- Energy balances for carbon footprint measurement
- Analysis of spray drift prevention measures
- Actual yields
- Quality attributes (e.g. test weights, protein, Hagberg falling number)
- Grain storage capacity (relative to production)
- Trends in production for specific end-uses (e.g. bio fuels)
Find out how SGS can help you improve your research and decision-making by getting in touch now.Email us
Food TestingServicesSGS Food Testing Services VideoLearn how our global network of food testing laboratories can help protect your brand and reputation. ...
All 6 resources