Veterinary Drug Residue Testing
SGS has established an international network of laboratories that are capable of carrying out extensive veterinary drug residues testing. This enables you to ensure your product meets the statutory requirements in safeguarding consumers.
With many animal drug residues strictly regulated to protect consumer health, we continue to develop best testing practices and to offer you rigorous veterinary drug residues screening. This is particularly important as legislative requirements become more stringent, both in terms of the range of substances covered and the lower residue levels permitted.
To support the identification and control that is vital to your products’ compliance, we test for drug residues using the following:
- Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometer coupled (LC/MS-MS)
- High performance liquid chromatography with post column fluorescence derivatisation (HPLC-FLD)
- High performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet spectrophotometer (HPLC-UV)
We can test for a wide range of antibiotic residues during a veterinary drugs food safety evaluation, including:
- Fluoroquinolones by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) method Laboratory Information Bulletin (LIB) 4405
- Malachite green, Crystal violet, Brilliant green by FDA method LIB 4395
- Nitrofuran metabolites
- Chloramphenical by FDA method LIB 4302
In meat or other products
- Mectin residues
- Carbadox, Ractopamine, Diethylstilbestrol, and others
Contact SGS to find out how our world class veterinary drug residue screening facilities can benefit your business.Email us
Food TestingServicesSGS Food Testing Services VideoLearn how our global network of food testing laboratories can help protect your brand and reputation. ... Seafood ServicesSGS Seafood Services BrochureLearn how SGS helps companies worldwide to monitor and validate safety, quality and sustainability throughout the seafood supply chain. ... Hospitality Services (827 KB)
SGS Hospitality Services
Learn how SGS Hospitality Services can safeguard your reputation.
Veterinary Drugs (340 KB)
SGS Veterinary Drug Residue Testing
Learn how our veterinary drug residue testing services can help protect your brand and reputation.
All 8 resources