Enhance your food safety management and product quality with an HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) certification from SGS.
HACCP certification instantly demonstrates to customers your commitment to producing or trading in safe food. This evidence-based approach can be particularly beneficial when you are subject to inspection by regulatory authorities or stakeholders.
Demonstrating a real commitment to food safety through HACCP compliance can also transform your brand and act as an effective entry-to-market tool, opening up new business opportunities around the world.
Our global network of food experts carries out HACCP audits and helps you focus on the hazards that affect food safety and hygiene. It is then possible to systematically identify where the hazards are by setting up control limits at critical points during the food production process.
HACCP certification is an international standard defining the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is built around seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits, for example, minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish a system to monitor control of Critical Control Points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedure for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation and record keeping
Work with us to achieve HACCP compliance and meet the expectations of a changing world.Email us
All 19 resources